Care of the elderly

If you or your relatives become old, you may need help in the home or need to move to a specially designed home for the elderly.

There are different types of help that you can get depending on your personal situation.

A case officer from the municipality will carry out an assessment together with you or your relatives.


You buy medicines at a pharmacy. For some medicines you need a prescription from a doctor. The staff at pharmacies know a lot about illnesses and medicines. They can answer many of your questions. Pharmacies also have brochures and information about various illnesses.